2010 testing- December 3rd
December 3, 2009
Posted by on
Daniel Ricciardo ended the three-day test session in Jerez in scintillating form, as the Red Bull driver set the fastest time of the week to finish top of the timesheets. He completed 77 laps, and had a fastest lap of 1.17.418.
Conditions improved gradually across the day, so drivers who went out earlier were caught out.
Today, Ferrari gave the car to three drivers across the day: Pablo Sanchez, Daniel Zampieri and Zipoli. These were the top three finishers in this year’s Italian Formula 3 championship.
Toro Rosso allowed Mirko Bortolotti to drive 34 laps in the morning, before handding the seat over to Brendon Hartley.
There were many incidents over the day. Daniel Ricciardo’s car emitted a huge plume of smoke at the exit of the chicane, while JR Hildebrand had his runs spoiled with electronic problems. Paul di Resta and Daniel Zampieri both spun on track. All of these incidents (excluding Hildebrand) brought out the red flag for a while.
The unofficial times are as follows:
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Ricciardo Red Bull 1m17.418s 77
2. Di Resta Force India 1m18.736s + 1.318s 53
3. Paffett McLaren 1m18.746s + 1.328s 59
4. Conway Brawn 1m19.096s + 1.678s 77
5. Hulkenberg Williams 1m19.226s + 1.808s 106
6. Baguette Sauber 1m19.356s + 1.938s 70
7. Turvey McLaren 1m19.358s + 1.940s 32
8. Ericsson Brawn 1m19.382s + 1.964s 49
9. Di Grassi Renault 1m19.602s + 2.184s 123
10. Hildebrand Force India 1m19.873s + 2.455s 41
11. Sanchez Ferrari 1m21.147s + 3.650s 39
12. Zampieri Ferrari 1m21.279s + 3.861s 42
12. Zipoli Ferrari 1m21.725s + 4.307s 41
13. Hartley Toro Rosso 1m22.493s + 5.075s 50
15. Bortolotti Toro Rosso 1m23.271s + 5.853s 34
16. Tung Renault 1m32.477s + 15.059s 4