September 24, 2010
Posted by on
It has been announced today that Christian Klien will replace Sakon Yamamoto for the Singapore Grand Prix weekend. It appears as if Yamamoto is suffering from food poisoning, although there will be questions raised as to why Karun Chandhok was not put back in the race seat.
Team Principal Colin Kolles said:
"It looks as if Sakon Yamamoto has a food poisoning, and he
doesn’t feel well. Because of this, Christian Klien will be
driving the car this Friday and the rest of the Singapore
Grand Prix. I hope Sakon gets well soon and is able to drive
at his home Grand Prix in Japan."
Klien has previously driven for Hispania in practice sessions at the Spanish and European Grands Prix, but has not been competing in any races so far this year.
This isn’t bad news, seeing as Yamamoto is gone for one race, but it’s very disappointing to see the team continue to snub Karun Chandhok, who Bernie Ecclestone said last week needed a better car to prove his talent. Unfortunately, after this, I can’t see him driving at any time this year.
September 2, 2010
Posted by on
Sakon Yamamoto has claimed that he will remain driving for the Hispania team until the rest of the season – and he can’t guarantee which seat he’ll be taking. At the moment, Karun Chandhok is out of a drive thanks to Yamamoto, and for the while it looks as if Bruno Senna isn’t safe either.
In an (translated) interview with Formule1.nl, he said:
"I will make the season anyway. Or I will replace Bruno and
Karun, I do not know. But it is certain that I will run
all races. "
So, with the Hispania team’s decision of money over results (and the apparent snub of other test driver Christian Klien), the focus will probably move to Karun Chandhok finding a drive for next season. For the moment, he is keeping himself busy with commentating on Radio 5 Live (and he’s pretty good at it), but the problem is that there are very few seats for 2011. Karun will have to get a move on if he is to be racing next year.